Saturday, October 22, 2016

Liberty Of London Log Cabin Quilt

I received a wonderful gift a few years ago, some Liberty of London fabric.  It was a special edition from V&A museum in London.  My friend Eileen went on vacation there and brought a pack of 6 fat quarters home for me as a thank you for helping her learn how to quilt.  I was looking for a new project this week and found the stash and got to work.  Here is Boris enjoying the soft fabric for his nap. 


I was limited to these 6 fat quarters because the fabric is no longer available.  I decided to do a simple log cabin and to use all the fabric did both dark to light and light to dark.  I am still not done but I got 9 squares made in a matter of 6 hours.  Not too bad.  I am loving the results. 



I think I have enough fabric for 3 more squares but not sure if I like having the colors uneven at the top and bottom.  What do you think? 




1 comment:

Gene Black said...

The uneven colors issue depends on what the quilt is for. If hanging on a wall, it may look odd. On a bed, it will be fine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails